Monday, 25 January 2021

January 2021

New Year and back into a National Lockdown. A least the miserable weather provided an opportunity to sew and crochet. I finished the crochet wreath that needed lots of small units blocking, a tedious process but worth the effort. This project comes from a book called 'Crocheted Wreaths for the Home' by Anna Nikipirowicz from Search Press. It has lots of lovely projects of which this is the fourth I have made.

Succulents wreath

I made a T-shirt quilt and a third rainbow scrap quilt for Project Linus using 10 inch blocks. Previously I have made these quilts using 16 and 12 inch blocks respectively.

10 inch T-shirt quilt


Rainbow scrap quilt 3 (number 2 needs binding hemmed)

I have two more Linus quilts to finish, I am a bit behind as I ran out of fleece to back them with. I did not remain idle as I made some Morsbags and crocheted some hats and neck warmers in response to local requests.


I also finished a small picture that I started as a workshop demo for the quilting group, after looking at a suitcase collection from the QGBI several years ago. The collection was entitled 'Whatever the Weather' and several of the techniques used were of interest to the group, so I had a go at demonstrating one of them and got started on a second, this one, but never gave the demo. The original quilt 'Whatever the Weather' was made by Caryll Baldwin, mine is not an exact copy but is very similar, particularly the red plant as it was my favourite bit on the quilt.

Fields - fabric collage with embroidery


No comments:

Post a Comment