|Folded fabric wreath/candle mat|
This group also held an exhibition this year as part of the 150th Anniversary of the Church, whose facilities we use for our monthly meetings. So I was heavily involved with helping in the organisation of that. It seemed to be a great success, and we had several people interested in coming to meetings to see what we get up to. Hopefully they will find them interesting enough to join the group. We sold nearly ALL of our fund raising items, this meant we made a profit even after paying for the hire of quilt frames, printing a catalogue and sundry other expenses. I recently gave the group a short talk, with examples, on different ways to finish the edges of quilts.
I have also made two birthday presents, a Christmas present and some Christmas decorations.
The first of the birthday presents was this table runner. I used a rainbow coloured stripped fabric, cut at different points to get seven stars all different. Originally I cut out plain white for the background, but I did not like the look of this and substituted a white on white print for it, much more pleasing. I used a Creative Grids template 'Scrap Crazy 6 inch' by Karen Montgomery. I particularly like this Milky Way pattern, this is the second one I have made, and it probably will not be the last. May even get around to making myself one.
|Stars table runner for EL birthday|
The original jug was designed, by Anne Pye, to cover a small glass jar for displaying real flowers . I added a base and some glass beads as weights for stability. I also constructed the jug section as one piece, with the fabric bonded to fusible double sided Fast to Fuse, medium weight.
|Barge ware style jug with poppies|
|Padded Christmas tree|
|Hanging pyramids and stars with bead embellishment|
I made a small Linus quilt from the plain white pieces that I did not use as part of the table runner. I drew some garden related pictures with different types of fabric marker. I had bought the markers when I was studying for the C&G Patchwork and Quilting Certificate and Diploma. I got the flowered fabric square sizes a bit wrong and had to add bits to the ends of the rows. The overall effect is quite pretty, but it could have been made better! I used wadding and backing with 'in the ditch' quilting. There is a bit of gold in the butterfly border fabric so a bit of sparkle too. I hope it makes some little girl happy.
|Butterfly garden quilt|
I bought a new crochet book, on Blankets, Afghans and Throws, so have been working on some of those. I hope to be able to donate them to Project Linus when finished. I have started work on some of the Linus quilts I cut out several months ago. I have the fleece to finish at least two, must sort through the stash to check if I have enough to finish more, before I rush out to buy some. I am trying to reduce the amount of fabric I have accumulated over the years, but it seems to be a slow process.