Monday, 13 June 2016

June 2016 update

I seem to have been quite busy since the last post. I have made several bags, some Linus quilts, finished a workshop project and done a lot of crochet. I also replaced the poly-board in my block holder as it had not been the same since I put it on my chair and sat on it. The project I am most proud of is a stripy quilt I started in a Lillian Hedley workshop in Durham. Three of us attended in the summer of 2014, HW has got on well with her bed runner, must be nearly finished, but CB put hers away and has no plan to continue with it at the moment.

Stripy lap quilt 46 x 56 inches

I was given some batik fabric and a laser cut felt motif for my birthday, with matching beads. I decided something useful should be made from them. The result is this small shoulder bag with a matching purse. It measures 9 x 7 inches and is 1 inch deep.


Village bag

Another bag is from a pattern I have used before. I made it smaller this time as I was using up some leftover jelly roll strips that I had joined together and cut into 4.5 inch squares. I was going to use them in a Project Linus quilt until I noticed the bag I had made from 5 inch squares and changed my mind. I call it a Spot check bag - small as the previous one was a Spot check bag - large. At 16 x 12 x 8 inches this is a useful size. It is lined with a pink glazed fabric, probably poly-cotton, and has two inner pockets one zipped for security. 


Small Spot check bag


This is the first one I made at a class in 2013, it is a McCall's pattern with the addition of a zip. This also has inner pockets and a blue lining with tiny flowers. Size 18 x 13.5 x 9 inches it is big enough to use as a weekend bag. Both bags have a double layer of 5 mm poly-board covered to match the linings
Large Spot check bag

I have made some birthday presents for quilting friends, one hand quilted cushion cover as part of a set for a big birthday,


Barbara Chainey design cushion cover
and a table runner made using a Creative Grids template called Scrap Crazy 6 inch.


Milky way table runner

Project Linus quilts completed so far,


Africa 1

Bugs and numbers

Fleece

Olympia blocks
The last one I brought home from the Knitting and Stitching show, at Olympia in March, as blocks made in the QGBI workshops. I stitched them together and added a border and fleece backing.

I have been crocheting hats, mittens and scarves for the Shoe box appeal as well as finishing a blanket, the yarn for which came as a Christmas present from my parents. I really enjoyed this project.

Persian tiles blanket, pattern by Janie Crow
Lots more bags made as fundraisers for the quilting group, as well as a few whimsical crochet bits - mice and goldfish - to be included in future projects.














2 comments:

  1. Wow - you have been busy and made some gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Christine - wonderful work as always. Love the whole cloth quilt - looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete