We were supposed to start work on my husbands workshop at the bottom of the garden during the summer. I cleared the two compost heaps, spreading the compost round the garden, and that was as far as it progressed. My husband has been busy with paid employment, so the workshop has gone on hold.
So what have I been doing?
I over-dyed the fabric for the Ferret workshop project, but have not restarted work on the quilt.
I made three Project Linus quilts, one from a panel I had been given a year ago, one from the left over backing of the group quilts I had been involved with, and a third from a Christmas panel, Liz, our regional coordinator, gave me when I handed in one of the other quilts. All these were backed with fleece, which makes them easy to wash and cuddly.
|Winter scene quilt for Project Linus|
|Strip quilt for Project Linus|
I finished a quilted bag I started for a friend in August 2013, she likes green, very nice bag with adjustable handle, adapted from a larger bag pattern I made at classes.
I made two more crochet blankets and stitched together some knitted squares the crochet group had been given. These will go to Romanian orphanages by Christmas. I love this Attic24 pattern and am currently making another.
|Ripple blanket for Roumania|
I have also made a rainbow coloured bargello quilt, a second quilted bag and a crocheted Christmas wreath with lights. I started the wreath in 2013, by crocheting some holly, ivy, stars and hearts, finishing it off for Christmas 2014 with baubles, mistletoe, a robin and some knitted pine cones. I found the heart shaped wreath in Homebase and the mouldable LED lights in Wilkinson. I bought several sets of lights and added them to a quilted Christmas tree and a swag for the stairs. They look wonderful on your Christmas decorations. I have an, as yet, unused set, so will have to come up with a non Christmas project to use them in.
|Crochet wreath lights|
As well as all this crafting, I have attended two workshops one with Paula Doyle and a second in Durham with Lillian Hedley. I was asked to give a workshop to the WI craft group who meet in Guildford, Surrey. That was great fun and involved quite a lot of preparation, as they had asked if I could supply kits for the projects. I also decided, it was an opportunity to rewrite the instructions I had made for the QoS group. I thought it would be a good idea to make some samples of the finished items as well as some of the work in progress. I made twice as many kits as I thought I needed, but only took a quarter of them home. Such an enthusiastic group and here is a sample of the results.
|Surrey WI crafter's group|